Instagram

Perfect, Outrageous, Real Love


 On this day 16 years ago Kev and I went on our first date. He borrowed his friends sister's car, we drove to Outback, and we had to be back in time for his friend to use the car on his date after us. 

I don't write on this valentines day to share about how "finding someone" was gifted to me and there is hope for you. I write on this valentines day because this day signifies to Kev and I, the deep deep love that Jesus had for us. The love he created in us for each other started on this day and it was a gift and a long refining process. Valentines day, or February 14th, is proof in our marriage, our life now, and our life as we continue on that He is good, He is for us, He loved us perfectly.     


"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
    therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." Jeremiah 31:3


He always loved us. Long before we knew it. This day doesn't mean that we haven't had struggle. Not even a little bit does it mean that. Actually this day was the start of some really long, hurtful, years before we grew in love for each other. We look at this day though, as proof of his perfect Glory and sovereignty over our story. How God worked in us, how he still continues to everyday, and how much He loves us through it. Each day never shaped or determined by perfect and good circumstances in our eyes, but PERFECT love by his PERFECT plan. That is the love He has for you too. Today. It's already happened. YOU ARE LOVED


When Kev and I talk about this day so many years ago we are in awe of how much he has given that we never deserved. We love to remind each other of the good and hard.  That makes us love each other, and love others...

"We love because HE first loved us" 1 John 4:19

When you are hopeless on this day or any other day, look back. I know I am loved because of what He did for me, not what I have done in this life. I am loved because HE is who HE is, Not because of who I am.
 I am loved right here in the, 
underserved, 
sinful, 
messed up, 
confused, 
scared, 
and doubtful days. 

In all my mess Jesus died for me, met me right here, and loved me before I even noticed. He has a deep deep love for you friends. I actually have felt, known, and experienced his deep love on the hardest days more than the easy ones. I have been carried through the darkest days by a deep deep underserved love and the deep love in my heart for others comes out of an overflow of the love He has for me. Kev is just evidence to me, where God has made himself plain and known to me, through love. And so of all the days in our marriage, anniversaries, wedding days, and engagement, this Day is our favorite. It was the start of his PERFECT LOVE for us, NOT perfect story but perfect love. Whether or not you have your companion here on this earth in human form, you have the BEST most perfect companion for ETERNITY. He's knocking on your door this valentines day 2017, with a perfect love. 


When I look ahead I see unknown. That is how it is for me...and for you. I also know as I look back that is where I see his perfect love. The real evidence. And that is what drives out the fear. His perfect love for me was there, is there, and will be there... I just have to trust that. 

"Each different occasion for love in our lives adds to or subtracts from the authenticity of love in all the other areas of our lives." -John Piper
"Let all that you do be done in LOVE." 1 Corinthians 16:14


Comments

Popular Posts