Instagram

Having a BLAST


I have spent seasons of life in a place that was "no fun" at all. Having a blast if you asked me would have been put to shame. Actually if I am honest I have been in a season believing that we do not have time for "good times" at all. We are here to work for his glory, through pain and suffering or not. I really did believe that there was no time for vacations and sabbath. There is so much that has shown itself through my personal hard. One of those is that there is a reason to sing, dance, and have a blast...These are the things I am so thankful for... it is simple, without those dry seasons I would have never known how to grow.

I know now that in those seasons there can still be celebration and JOY. I have found it to be a matter of the heart. A matter of Joy. I heard it once said that every day isn't good, but there is good in everyday. What are you celebrating?

Again this weekend God was so good to show me what really having a blast can look like in our lives. The fun that he has given as a gift while He works in and through us.

"...work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.  Rejoice in our confident hope..." 
Romans 12:11-13

It was three years ago this weekend that I ventured into unknown territory up to the woods of Northern Pennsylvania. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was thankful to have breath, to be able to serve, to be with my oldest. Adventure. Little did I know that again God was giving me a good gift that would go on year to year, another "anniversary" of sorts. He shows me how deeply he loves me and offers to me an unlikely place to serve him while having a blast in doing it. 

This weekend I spent with my two oldest, and about 150 other little kiddos, HAVING A BLAST getting to know and worship Jesus. The temps were in the negative degrees, no really they were. And our cabin had no heat the first night so there was that too. It was on the last morning during worship that again tears began to stream down my face as I sang about how good God is, how faithful he has been. I turned to hide so that no one wold see me. No one can fully understand the place my heart is in most of my moments. My Rose looked at me and told me she loved me and I hugged her and told her there was no where else I would rather be. Our miracle working God has called me to so many unknown and scary places in this life, but some of those have been so so good. For he has shown me how to be present with my kids is perhaps the best and most beautiful part of having more life in me. I can look back with full confidence of HOPE in what is to come. These days are good friends.

 I know so many of you, even two of my very bests, are dealing with heart ache. I have been there. It feels like yesterday and my whole life. Not sure that will ever change. I am in a place today that I would never have been called to if God wasn't working that part of my story to existence. He hasn't made a mistake, he didn't miss something. What is happening now is preparing you friends. 

It’s God who says to us, “a joyful heart is good medicine” (Proverbs 17:22). We would all be healthier and happier and, very likely, holier if we had more good laughs. For laughter is more characteristic of God than weeping. -John Bloom






Hope in what is to come friends... This is my encouragement for you... you know who you are... and I'm most likely praying for you, if I'm not I want to be. Email me. jwdennstaedt@gmail.com.
Weeping will end, but not laughter. We will laugh for joy millions of times more than we have ever wept for sorrow. You will laugh again. 
"You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11
“Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh" Luke 6


"I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
    and have not let my foes rejoice over me. 
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you have healed me.
O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
    you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning."

Psalm 30


Comments

  1. I am so grateful you were Brynnie's counselor!! And I LOVE what you write! You are a dear Mrs. Joanna and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts