Instagram

When your plan is always different than the one who orders everything.

Today was a surreal day. I think I say that more often than not.
God is again using difficulties in my life to open doors for himself to be seen.
I rode the fine line between nervous and excited, emotional and overjoyed. Trusting what He calls us to has a purpose for him.

 "You do not see what I am doing, but someday you will." John 13:7

Good-day PA had asked us to come on the show and share about Radiant Hope. So again we trusted that God wanted us to share our story and in faith we stepped out again into a space he was calling. We prayed that He would be seen in and through us, and that this opportunity would bring HOPE into a hurting world.

You can watch our segment if you haven't:


We often think we see it all. I was so thankful for this oppportunity. I was anticipating a great result for our ministry, and still am. But all the things I saw and imagined we’re not the appointment God was orchestrating for today. I still remember the day I sat in the Cancer center hospital waiting room and God clearly spoke to me. As I looked around at all the impossible stories people were living, I realized that my appointment there wasn't for me to see a doctor, but instead for me to meet someone in their suffering. That day started a work in me. I was not the Joanna that would just walk up to a stranger, ask questions, and listen to their heart, but God had changed mine and was asking me to do things I had not done before. I am a continued work in progress, but I see different now.


We took a few of our older kids with us today and ABC27 so generously (separated) gave us a conference room to wait in. I went out to use the restroom and sitting and waiting for her segment was another woman. She was from a business I had heard about and was curious. So I sat down right next to her, like the new Joanna does, and started asking her questions. When she asked about Radint Hope and I started talking, she was quiet for a minute, then some tears, and then her story...Her momma was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, she’s so sick, a timeline was given, and the heartache is real. The devastation and shock is overwhelming said. "I know how you feel" 

That was the appointment. Simple as that. I have no idea who watched that show, other than the friends and family that have lovingly told us it was great. I was confident right then and there that God has asked us to go there today to meet our new friend. She was the one who needed a package of HOPE, but in the form of a hug, a smile, and shared tears too. I told my husband last night again, it's the little thing babe. The one thing. The one person. It's not this whole big ordeal that takes up most of my days right now. It's making the time and space for the appointment God is ordering. 

You just don’t know what he’s doing, but he is doing something. I sat sick in bed for months on end, trusting God was in the midst of suffering.Today I see him all over every detail if it, yes even the most impossible, hardest, moment to moment living. Have Hope friends. 

"There is no power in the universe that can stop him from fulfilling his totally good plans for you. “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted” (Job 42:2).
God’s infinite wisdom always sees a way to bring the greatest good out of the most painful and complex situations. “Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!” (Romans 11:33).

Therefore, no matter what you face this year, God will be doing 10,000 things in your life that you cannot see. Trust him. Love him. And they will all be good for you." -John Piper https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/god-is-always-doing-10000-things-in-your-life



Comments

Popular Posts