Instagram

End of an Era

It's been big day in our house. And end of an era. A change of seasons. When the last 12 years of your life consisted of constant little people and then in one day it changes. Today they have all flown the coup. My littlest off to all day kindergarten and my big off to middle school. AND my every-day all-day momma duties look completely different. I have had lots of seasons in the last 12 years of motherhood. This is a new one for me, uncharted waters once again. There is one thing I do know... God is the same even when the seasons change. We have seen it before. He will carry me in this one just like all the other good, hard, impossible, and abundant ones.

This little guy has been my compassionate, caring, companion. He entered the world as our baby boy and will forever be. Although he is "daddy's boy" He told me he will miss me once he goes to school. This little guy has been with me though the hardest season of my life, by my side in every doctors appointment, nap hour, meetings, and mom things. (not too many library rhyme times for #4) A little part of me feels broken and lonely today as I think about all the moments me and my little buddy shared, but I reassure you that many more will come.

Today is a day of mourning and dancing. There is an overwhelming gratefulness that God has given me this day to see all my little people off. I prayed and prayed for moments like these. There is dancing I see ahead, days full of time for myself, my ministry, and all that God is going to do. There is mourning because a season has passed. A season I LOVED and would sit in again. I have also prayed for the days that my littles would grow up and go, feeling an independence and a great need for Jesus to carry them through their day instead of me. Dancing is coming for all of us friends. In every season, in all the change, our HOPE is in the dance that is coming one day.

Ok onward and upward friends. Cannot wait to share with you all that God does in this new season...


Dear little Granty, EllaBella, Joyful, and Rosie, 
Trust Jesus and love your people, Don't ever forget: "Be strong and courageous for the Lord your God goes with you wherever you go" Deut. 31:6

"If you rest in the wise and good sovereignty of God in all your plans, you will be a confident person and a peaceful person. You will know that whatever details of your plans don’t happen, God’s will happens. And that was part of your plan. In fact, that was the most important part of any of your plans." - John Piper









"I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.

Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you restored my health.
You brought me up from the grave, Lord.
    You kept me from falling into the pit of death.

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.

You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
12 
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!" Psalm 30

Comments

Popular Posts