Instagram

Merry Christmas from the Dennstaedt's

Merry Christmas!!

Another year has gone by, full of new changes, challenges, and abounding blessings.

Kevin has been at his new job for a year and a half now and seems to be adjusted and all things going well. It has been the right change for us, you never know when you're the decision making. 

Our Rose started middle school this year and is loving it. She is playing on the school sports teams, still loves performing in the church kids choir, is making new friends in middle school, and growing up like a crazy person! Her heart is so tender and she takes care of all of us so well. We are totally entering into the teenager thing with more trust and more prayer than ever before in our parenting journey. 

Little Joyful is in 4th grade and is our soccer lover, intense, organized, orderly, disciplined, middle child. She loves school and her teacher. She has homemade Christmas notes and presents for everyone in the family that have been under her bed for months. She looks like her Daddy but may be the most like her mom. 

Ella is in second grade and is so much our fun loving, carefree, full of life, spunky girl. Follows in her sisters footsteps but does it to the own beat of her drum. She had some hearing issues this year that set her back and added some stress to her little life, but we seem to be on the other side of it. 

Our Little BOY started school this year. Grant is loving Kindergarten, mostly his teacher and his friends and soccer and football at recess. We are still working on using more than one color crayon. He played soccer this fall and has taken well to his fathers intensity (ok mine too) of sports. Toys have gone by the wayside and it's now just Grant and some sort of ball. He is so sweet spirited and sensitive and loves being with his big sisters ALL the time. I cant believe how grown up him and the girls are! 

I have had quite the first 4 months of adjustment with all of my littles in school all day. My organization Radiant Hope has filled up all the time and space, God's timing is so impeccable. I am still working on margin and how to set boundaries since I am working most days at home. I  like to say I have two full days everyday, one that runs from 7:30-3 for all my to-dos, and one that runs from 3-9 for my mom life. I'm tired! My health this past year has been great, we are so thankful. It is still much to manage, physically and emotionally, but God has called me to this tender place, where I am learning and growing and also sitting in because of my ministry. He amazes me everyday. 

And yes if you can't tell from the picture, we actually thought it would be a good idea to add some chaos to our family and picked up a puppy in the middle of the craziest month of the year. It is testing my capacity and my patience. The kids adore her, and for Christmas Kevin got dog training classes for himself and his new baby. 

Life is full here. There is hope friends. We had impossible days once at Christmas, and I see many I love in really hard seasons this year. It's so hard to see out of it, when you're walking deep in it. But in it is where you find true peace and hope. I am praying that for so many of you this week.

So many years ago a baby showed up in a stable. No one expecting it, no one looking for it. But God was working a miracle and answered every promise with it. Look for the miracle coming you will miss it if you aren't looking.

“God is always doing 10,000 things in your life, and you may be aware of three of them. Not only may you see a tiny fraction of what God is doing in your life; the part you do see may make no sense to you." -Piper
“My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” (Luke 1:46–47)




Comments

Popular Posts