Instagram

"For when I am weak... THEN I am strong..."

Maybe you are waking up today praying and wishing away that very thing that is causing a stabbing pain in your heart. You can't do it another day. May this little reminder of God's work in our lives be an encouragement to your heart today.

Can it be possible that the very things which is your hardest to face could be your very best gift? Could it be that God is working more on your heart than your comfort? Could it be that God is in the business of redemption? Could it really be that God's grace is sufficient enough?

My list of thorns is great, BUT my God is greater. For these "thorn" reminders are what pushes me on and encourages my broken up, inadequate feeling heart. In that second my mind starts to wander, truly the promises of God that have been proven true with my life are what triumphs over my feelings. I have just in the last week had more inadequate feelings of what God has called me to everyday, while at the same time, his confirmations are what carries me.

For you friends, what are your thorns? What is that to which is your hardest place?

"I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses— though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me.  So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
 2 Corinthians 12


Comments

Popular Posts