Instagram

The same thing... Fulfilled Promises

It's Easter weekend again.
What this means for me, is more and more abundant everyday of my life.
Learning more and more all the time about who God is and how that changes me, has become the most abundant Joy-filled journey I have ever been on. And without a season of suffering I would not have lept into Christ's arms, fully surrendered, in my own weakness to depend on his eternal strength.
True Joy friends.
It's found when seeing the value of the cross.
Meet him there.



Good Friday was super emotional for me. 
Those days come and go.
When I was reminded to sit in the suffering and recall all that Jesus has done for me, it forced me to wait and not move ahead to the next thing. 
Kev reminded me that when you have walked in a hard season your heart is so much more tender towards a Jesus who did the impossible.
No one wants to stay in the hard place, but the value of the cross in our lives comes when we remember the hard place. ❤️




"Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but they world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to JOY" (John 16)
"The Easter joy Jesus foretold has arrived, and it’s deeply personal. Thee resurrection is both a cosmic event, and it comes intimately close, reminding us of God’s work in our lives. “ The point of Easter is that God is in the process of clearing this world of all heartbreak” (John Piper). There- fore, “Christ’s resurrection not only gives you hope for the future; it gives you hope to handle your scars right now” (Tim Keller). Such a restoring and reviving joy was purchased for you and me in the resurrection of Christ." 


Comments

Popular Posts