Instagram

Blessed survivor

It took much for me to realize what the true meaning of "blessed" became in my life. It used to be a facade of all things going well and luck per se.

Then life happens and blessing doesn't come in the shape of good fortune or perfect circumstances, but instead just the opposite. Blessing starts to take form in all of the things in this life, the path Christ is taking us on and the blessing is how much he loves us through it ALL. None of the blessing coming in the form of my idea of personal well-being.

Today is National Cancer Survivorship day and I feel blessed. Yes, I am here and God has brought me to this place, That for sure makes my heart want to bust. I know that my story and testimony of the way Christ has showed me his great love have come through imperfection and mess. I am thanking God this weekend for friends with huge hearts that sent our family away, and family and friends to make memories with. My best friend reminds me often, We celebrate EVERYTHING. ALL God's goodness and blessing. EVERY little thing. After all, it is ALL GOOD. Sometimes I forget already the craziness we have gone through. The best advice someone ever gave me was to pray and pray to never forget it all. He is in ALL things. And I don't want to forget a moment of that for one second.

I am a survivor not because of anything I have done but because of everything God is doing. Every breath telling a story of His redemption and great love for me. We are all surviving something, but don't ever think its on your own strength.
Lean into Him.
Fix your eyes on Him.
He perfects all things.
Strip off what's weighing you down.
Do it for the Joy that is set before you.

 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne." Hebrews 12



"To know me and and with me and share life with me is the essence of blessing. And the truth is, it is the hard things in your life that cause you to want to know me more intimately, walk with me more closely, and share life with me more fully. That is why, in the losses of life, you can find yourself blessed beyond your imagination or expectation. Because you have found more of me in these hard places. You've moved from just hearing my Word to living it- putting it to the test. You're finding that giving is better than receiving, neediness is better than self sufficiency, trust is better than worry. You've discovered my Word is true, my joy is your strength, my promises are your hope, my presence is your comfort. Others may look at the sorrow of your situation and express regret. But when you get to the bottom of your grief and find more of me that you've experienced and known before, you can look other people in the eye and say, "please don't feel sorry for me. I am incredibly blessed," and really mean it. " (taken from Hearing Jesus speak Into Your Sorrow..By Nancy Guthrie)

Comments

Popular Posts