Instagram

Alumni Pride






If you have heard my testimony before, it is richly rooted in my time at Messiah being a pinnacle in my transformation into a walk of faith and relationship with Jesus. Who I was entering Messiah and who I was leaving was the same person with two different hearts. So much of who I am today was transformed in me during my time at Messiah. God used that place in huge and life altering ways. Thank you for the ones I spoke about in this video. The coaches, you know who you are. My teammates, girls some of you I still so much look up to today, and all of my friends and companions that I was lucky enough to do life along side during my short years as a Falcon. You all have a place in who I am.

I was asked to share in a interview with the college about what Messiah meant to me. It was like asking someone to explain their whole life in 3 min, pretty much impossible. This little snippet barely scrapes the surface of what this place meant to me and still does. I was asked questions upon questions and realized I have such a history in this place. I would likely be able to expand on this video for hours if someone asked. Send them to me if they want to know more about this place...

I could tell stories upon stories about my journey as a Messiah athlete. My parents drove me across the county my freshman year just in time for my fall sports appointment time. I had to report as a freshman on the field hockey team to pre-season weeks before the rest of the freshman showed up. There was hardly anyone around campus. My momma gave me a hug, my dad carried all my stuff in and dropped it, we said goodbye and they left. As they walked down the hall there was one other freshman hockey player and my mom stuck her head in her room and told her to take care of me. Where that relationship went is for another story coming soon, richly rooted in God's sovereign intervention.

I walked myself down to check in with the team and off we went for our service project away with the team. We drove to the heart of Newark, New Jersey. We would stay and work in a school building there, cleaning, painting and getting ready for their school year to start. In the evening we would play pick up hockey in their gym. The first night a senior took a back swing hitting me in the eye and splitting it open. There was no way to avoid it... My first night at away from home I would be spending the night in Newark, NJ ER with the head coach of the field hockey team, and another player who selflessly gave up her sleep fro moral support. Talk about instant initiation. There we waited for stitches in my face while gunshots came in, naked men ran around the waiting room, sick upon sick entered, and by 4:30 I was headed back to the team with my head stitched up. You guys there is no better way to get inducted onto a team. Oh the memories. Oh the stories. This was just the first night.

A couple weeks later as a team we picked "stick sisters" where you would draw a name of another girl on the team and throughout the season you would encourage them on game days and in between. Guess who this little freshman with stitches in her head picked... You guys the head coach. We were already good friends at that point, or at least I had made a memorable mark as a freshman to her. I had to go the rest of the season encouraging the head coach. No pressure, none. God is so good in the ways he allows us to see how loving he always has been and always is. I saw her a few weeks ago and she showed me, still to this day, the encouragement I worked on game after game to give her, a little term bracelet, she still says she hasn't taken it off a day in her life... Little hugs years later. That's what I call them. When you think, how can I do this, and He says over and over again, "No you can't but I can".

"He said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27

This is just one story of my time at Messiah. Actually the story of the first week of my time. This was just the beginning of a very eventful four years.

He was always calling me to himself. Look at your story how is he showing himself to you? Maybe when the story is unfolding it is hard to see but look back. He was there. He is there today. He will be there always.
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Mt.28

Check out the links below to learn more. And if you have thought about becoming a falcon.. You should.


Messiah Women's Lacrosse
Messiah Field Hockey
College Website




Comments

Popular Posts