Instagram

When your heart is stirring

I am feeling it.
Have you ever had a season in your life where your heart felt a stirring?
Something different is coming.

I have felt it for a few months. I'm trying to be tender towards the spirit in my life.
It's been an unusual last few years for us.
When you walk through life in a way you wouldn't imagine...
When every breath becomes life and a gift...

When you truly throw your arms up in surrender and plead:


"Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone

And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You"


http://sovereigngracemusic.org

So here I am. In a strange season. Feeling like God is working but nothing is revealed to me yet. Or maybe Im feeling him revealing things very slowly and it's not all making sense. I'm writing a lot down. Looking for his hand working. Praying on my knees and begging for him to open doors where he wants me to walk or to slam doors shut if where I think he's leading is not the way. There is no fear, no anxiety, just faith. How did I get here? It's been a journey.

Why do I share this? Because I don't think I'm the only one. I am with you friends. In the moments of waiting I am here too. I am coming out the other side of a season I still do not have adequate words to  describe. I am finding myself forever changed by life circumstances. I am trying in this short life to honor what God has for me because I see everyday how fleeting our breath is. My encouragement for you is simple. Pray. Ask God, even if you are new at speaking to him, to show you the way He wants you to go. Give him your life. Then wait. It's ok to start by pleading and asking if he is even there, I've been in that dry dessert. Then Trust...

Do not be afraid. HOPE is coming.

"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL he hears us. And if we know that he hears using whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him."
1 John 5:14-15


The God Who Never Changes

As we all encounter major changes in our individual lives, and as the world around us continues to change, we need a place to find hope. We need somewhere to stand when we wake up to news that a loved one has passed away, or our job is in jeopardy, or the last candidate we would want was elected into office. The truth is, there is one thing that never changes, the one thing that stays the same: our unchanging God.
The Bible tells us that God never changes. “For I the LORD do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed” (Malachi 3:6). There is no transition, inconsistency, or change in this God. The same God who spun this massive blue marble into space is the same one who met Moses on Mount Sinai. The same God who forgave David for his adultery is the one who crushed his own Son when Christ became sin at the cross for us. 
Yesterday, today, and forever he is the God who is “gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made” (Psalm 145:8–9). 

Our Rock and Anchor

The unchanging nature of God and his unchangeable word are real things on which we can stake our life. It is a rock big enough and strong enough for us to build a house on it, and an anchor big enough and strong enough to hold our souls in the midst of life’s waves and storms. 
Because of these truths, when everything in life seems flipped upside down, we can say with the psalmist, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling” (Psalm 46:1–3).
Things will continue to change — in the world around us and in our lives. Some of those changes will feel like a tiny ripple, and others feel like a ten-foot wave. But no matter what changes we face, we need not fear. We need not hide. We need not despair. Our rock and anchor is our unchanging God, whose character and promises remain fixed forever.


Comments

Popular Posts