Instagram

Merry Christmas 2017


MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE DENNSTAEDTS



As I reflect for a moment on this past year my heart is overflowing. It seems impossible to put 12 months into one paragraph...
As a family we continue to flourish out of a place we were buried in. God's grace and his deep love for us has shown no limits. There is physical healing that has taken place this past year for me, but also emotional healing. Over this past year the magnitude of what struck us finally hit, I dealt with much that my doctors assured me was normal coping but it hit me unexpectedly. I finally signed up with the cancer support Psych team at Penn, and allowed time for me to adjust to another new normal.. the marathon they say. Finally since in a physical sense I felt better, I was able to pick up and deal better with the heavy weight that cancer leaves when it goes.
Each and every day that has passed this year has brought Joy and thankfulness more and more. There is so much gained in this gift of life we have been given. When I am asked how we are, I can truly say we are so good. This year has been full of time spent with family, running around like a normal mom driving my kids from here to there. I've been serving more at my church and in the kids activities. I have met some of the most beautiful people I would have never been gifted if my story never took this beautiful turn. We've done sporadic and fun things that we haven't had capacity or space for in years. We have started to celebrate more, I wasn't sure these days would come and now I need balance in life as a party. These days are so good, and we are loving them more than we ever would if it were not because of what God carried us through. Thank you for continuing to pray for me and for my family. I hear weekly of how one of you prayed over us and lifted us up at a time we needed it. It has strengthened us, and I believe is still why I am here.

"Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13



I anticipate this year ahead will bring more of Him and less of me. I want that each day of my life. I want my time here to be a living testimony of what he has done and has promised to do. Friends, you too. The details he's working even today can seem so impossible to see, but look close, they are so intricate, so well designed, so perfectly chosen for you... So that His glory can be seen through you. 








"The people who walked in darkness
    have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,
    on them has light shone….
For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
    to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and forevermore."
Isaiah 9



^Those are my people. 



Comments

Popular Posts