Instagram

A hero walking through every door


As I went to the hospital this week I brought a couple Radiant Hope packages. I threw them together last minute right before I left and prayed that God would show me a person who needed some HOPE in their day. I didn't know why or who, but someone would need encouragement and HOPE, I think when I walk through those doors, EVERYONE around me does, me not exempt. 

My best girl text me early saying she was praying all day and to text her throughout as specific requests came up. 
Hours later while I was sitting in a waiting room I text her back. "Hey... I'm sitting here with this Package and a big hug for someone. Will you pray that if someone needs it, God will show them to me?" We felt a little stalker like as we watched deeply each patient come through the doors. We want to know their hard and encourage them through it...


It wasn't much longer that a man came pushing his wife through the door in a wheelchair. He pushed her right over to the bell, and with her feeble, and remarkable strength she rang that darn bell. We all clapped. Some shouted praises. She was teary and Lifted her head in thanks. Her husband then wheeled her over to the door and parked her, and ran out in the rain to get the car. There she was, my person to love, right there in my place. So I walked over to this shaking, weary, worn, teary, and tired woman and gave her the biggest hug and a bag of yellow cheery things. I told her how proud I was of her, and how much Jesus loved her. I told her that I was no stranger to ringing that bell and that just because you step from one place into another I know it doesn't mean cancer has been conquered. Many ring because their body says you have to stop (me), many ring because they have finished treatment and their body has responded, and many ring because it is not working the way it should and they are stepping into a new uncertain place. Everyone has their own story. Closing the door on one chapter does not mean the next is going to be easy. It just means that it may be different. We have all experienced the closing of one chapter and opening right up to the next. I held her hand and asked her her name, you guys her name... if i could tell you her name.... it was perfect. Then I asked if I could pray for her. And right there, me and that hero to me, and my God, we met. And we were thankful together. I told her how strong she was and that just months ago I was weak and teary, ringing that bell. I told her that it was an honor to hug her and and that she could have HOPE because Jesus loves her, no matter what her reason was for being able to ring that bell and move on. 

 Then I waited as her husband came back I told him to take that sweet hero out for lunch or something, then I blew her a kiss and went back to the seat God put me in. 

I prayed for eyes to see it.

I asked others to pray I would see it

I looked for it

I wasn't going to miss any chance I had, I was there for something. You are never there for nothing friends.

When these opportunities come up, I realize how ill-equipped I feel for this business. I had no training, never passed any test in doing this life. All I know is God has me right here for some reason, and while he does, I am going to let him use me. Did my sweet little friend feel lifted up? even for one second? That is Gods great work friends, and thats why I'm doing my best to be a part of this whole life thing that is so much bigger than myself. 

I won't ever get that beautiful woman out of my mind. That's why I write these things down. She was so brave, so strong. A hero to so many of us. Barely making it, but there. When see people like her, It gives me HOPE. I know that I am not alone. I see hurt and hard and know that is the life we are all living here on earth and then I am reminded that this is all a temporary existence. Together we can do this life together, that is part of how we were created. To pick each other up when one is down. This looks different for each one of us, but YOU can be used. God will use you.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
Romans 8:18



I say what I say with no hesitation
I have what I have but I'm giving it up
I do what I do with deep conviction
Something on the road
Cut me to the soul
Your pain has changed me
Your dream inspires
Your face, a memory
Your hope, a fire
Your pain has changed me
Your dream inspires
Your face, a memory
Your hope, a fire
Your courage asks me
What I'm afraid of
Your courage asks me
What I'm made of
Your courage asks me
What I'm afraid of
And what I know of love
And what I know of God
Sara Groves- "I saw what I saw"

Comments

Popular Posts