Instagram

Satan get out, there's too much love in here



We are in this life thing, full blown in. We survive one day and the next came comes with it's own. 

“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Mathew 6:35 (message)

So, today we talked about God’s love. We shared some of our story and introduced everyone to the ministry that I have been able to start with my girls. Tomorrow we will head off to the orthopedic doctor to get my little guys broken leg casted. Just another exhausting day in the life... 

The life God planned. For Him. For His glory. Another day of that beautiful mess of my life. 

We've been preparing to share for a few months. Teaching on Valentine's Day about God’s love, I don't for one second believe in coincidence, I will never see my life as one, or any of the things God has done as one. This weekend as we were going over the last bit of pulling it all together the girls spent the night at their grandparents.  We just had the little guy and that made it easier so that we could pray and prepare. It was, well when you have 4 littles, a nice quiet(er) 24 hours with my hubby. After we were done and felt like we had beaten it dead to where we can't fit anymore in we went to our neighbors, our "framily" to hang for a little before the girls return. 

And this is real life friends… the little guy falls down some steps and breaks his leg. Did you hear that, he breaks his leg. You heard it. Seriously? I mean how? Then I find myself saying all theses things again, this isn't going to fit in.... We have stuff to do... Actually we have stuff to do tomorrow!…I mean I totally blasted Satan right there in my kitchen to my mother in law and then to our women's ministry director. "Does he know who he's dealing with?" I don't think he does, and now my baby. Come on! (I'm serious here, no joking matter, read this, HE  WILL NOT TAKE ME DOWN) 

I bawled like a baby when they walked in the door, my two boys. And the little guy looks at me and says, "mom I have a broken leg". Poor guy, we are going to be ok! YOU are so tough buddy, then my next thought... Are we going to be ok? How in the world, because then it looks something like this and I thought, this is going to be super fun. This isn't going to put me over the edge right? Its just a broken leg, I can handle this for the next 2 most stressful weeks we've had in a little. My scans, appointments, his appointments, no big. 


But here we are. God as my guide. Trusting always. Faithful always.

“Faithful in the quiet, mundane, everyday show up and do your job, grow in wisdom by being faithful in small things, in small places, that no one ever writes about or no one ever knows about” (Trent Thompson) … because when you are faithful in all these days, and in all these times, when the harder days come, that you will write about, you will have gained wisdom enough to shine… 

These words. This morning. Another day.  God shows up and gets us through…He spoke to me clearly to me, through our pastor, my best friend hugged and let me cry, a dear friend holding her newborn stopped me in the middle of the hall and just prayed… 

(do you go to church? I know such a personal question. But this is real life, and things matter, and hard days will come and go, and all this life is just temporary, and I wish I could hug you right now and bring you with me to church or have coffee with you) 

I was going to write on this Valentine's Day about God’s love and how deeply we have felt it and still are.  How he loves us so big, how he commands us to love so big. I was going to share a tidbit of what we are sharing today, but guys... I can't. Not because all that isn't true. But because honestly I'm feeling beaten up. It's daily here, this life, it's hard, this battle is daily. I'm tired. I’m loved, I know this. You are loved. I pray that YOU know that. I will share more, theres no shortage of Gods love happening here, I promise that. 

We will get through fine. (spoken out loud to self many times over the past 24 hours) Thank God it’s just a broken leg. Thankful it's not the middle of summer. Thankful we are just watching TV on the couch in snow storms these days anyway. Thankful he failed at the potty training thing so we hung that up for a bit! (humor, always find something) Thankful that for the next couple weeks I will get to slow down, cuddle more, and love deeply, because that's what moms are for….


*Pray for us tomorrow as we get more Xrays and Cast the little guys leg. 
*Pray that the pain subsides soon, hes pretty uncomfortable.
*Pray for my scans next Tuesday the 23rd. I told Kev just Friday that I know I'm ok, because we have other things going on right now, add the events of yesterday and for real, mom can't go down. BUT you can still pray. And I will still ask, because we still desperately need it. 

..."Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken." Hebrews 12


Comments

Popular Posts