Instagram

Naming Graces


Part of this journey for me has been being able to open up and share my story. Not just a cancer story, but a life story. I have been trying to encourage you to share your story and write down God's graces and blessings in your life. Name the places where you see goodness and protection, where you see things once called coincidence and start to see them as His work over you instead. I am trying to do this whether it's been in the pit of fire and depths of the storm, or to the days of bright sun and crystal blue skies. He is at work in all of it after all. 

So I share my stories so that you can see where he's working in my life, not so that you will hear and know me, but so that you will see him through me. So with this, I will continue to share. Parts of the past, the present, and HOPE for the future where I see God working, Protecting, and leading my paths straight. 

"Watch the path of your feet And all your ways will be established. Do not turn to the right nor to the left; Turn your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
I"n all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." Prov. 3:6


Ironic that as soon as I speak out that I can do all things with his strength we feel attacked again. This week I recieved my first sickness post cancer. We have been so fortunate with our health. You guys, since Aug of 2014 we have not had any major sickness. So this is why I share...My kids have stayed out of the pediatrician's office, through 2 sick seasons of kids throwing up left and right, germs, virus, ALL of it.  We have been so protected. The prayers over us and this home have worked, my precious house cleaner sanitizes, and vigilant hand washing has kept us. All these things though, were part of a plan to keep me safe, and more than that for me to be able to be with my babies instead of away from them when I felt already like I was missing so much of them. So our health has been a special blessing in more ways that just safety, and not for one second will we forget this protection and gift. 

“The LORD is compassionate and gracious…” Psalm 103:8

I remember Last December, more than a year ago, I had just started treatment and my body was very fragile. My heart so badly wanted to go to the kids Christmas parties but I knew I had to be careful. I had missed so much already so I went for it. I was there not maybe 5 minutes when a precious little girl in Joy's class puked all over the floor. I looked at Joy and as I teared up I said you know mommy has to go joy. She was so gracious and gave me a big hug. God's protection has been over us, I know with my whole heart it's impossible for a home of 4 little kiddos with 2 different schools and church nursery combined to not have even a cold. And this would be all given up to HIM being over us and his hand being in this. There is no "chance" we just didn't catch something over the past two years. 


"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16

We are due I was telling Kev. Now that I'm feeling better and it's less dangerous for sickness to come here, we should pay our dues. I shouldn't have spoke. Because I am the one. Strep. Yuck. And I will be honest it knocked me out. 
This week started a super busy season for us. And as I laid in bed with a fever and crying Wednesday (my sick day for a year) I was so thankful it was strep and not because I was fighting cancer. So again the Graces of God. His love when we don't deserve it, showed up in a picture of love and new perspective he has given to me as a great gift. You guys for when it mattered most there was a hedge of health protection over me and my family. That gift my friends will NEVER be forgotten. 

"Sorrowful yet always rejoicing" 2 cor 6:10

Just look for him. See where there is coincidence and chance in your life and give thanks to him for that. He is working his way for us, for YOU. And he is right here in our midst. Even when there is pain and suffering, he is working it all out for good. I fully trust that. And not for one second does it all come natural and easy, but once I began to open my eyes fully to see him in my life, loving me, and showing Mercy, then the beating of my heart is bursting with full trust and love for him. 

SO I WILL WAKE AND SPEND MY DAYS
LOVING THE ON WHO HAS RAISED ME UP
FROM DEATH TO LIFE, FROM WRONG TO RIGHT
YOU'RE MAKING ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL
“Mercy” Amanda Cook






Comments

Popular Posts