Instagram

New Season


Today starts a new season for us as a family. The get back at it life starts this week. It's been months, several months, since we've done crazy life. I haven't missed it. Even before our season of cancer treatment there was babies, 4 of them, and I was doing the busy life being a momma. Someones best advice to me was, give yourself 5 years. SLOWLY get back to doing life and adding commitments. It will take some time, stamina adjustments, and brain power that you still don't have. I have taken this to heart and soul, I know the truth in it as I am out of treatment now about 9 months, and although I feel great I still very much feel this is a new season, not to be compared to the late.

All that said, here we are. Over committed. Doing more than the advice for the next couple months, but also completely surrendered that God is in this and given us what we are about to walk through as a family. The juggling of everyones sports schedules including my own, making lunches, turing in projects, eating healthy dinner, church events, cleaning my home, laundry... yea the list goes on.

Yesterday at Church in our class we were talking about ways to serve locally, in ministry, and in community. Around the room great ideas were brought to light. This ministry, this opportunity, yes and yes. Then this women spoke, and it was the YES for me. She said it's not a mistake the bleachers that she sits on with a group of women for weeks at a time starting this week. She has sat with these women for 7 years and she knows that its not any accident and that can will be her place to share her life, her story, with this group of women on a pile of bleachers, at little league games this spring. Amen you guys. Serve yes, get out there. But whatever you have right in front of you... thats where you tell your story.

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." Ephesians 3 (MSG)

Friends that is just it. There are so many ways, places, and people that God has just put right in our path, and we have a great calling right where we are already going. So I took that to heart as I thought about our next couple super busy months.  Me coaching, the girls all playing a sport, and Kevin having a heavy work load. I can do this because he gives me strength, and because he has a purpose sitting right in front of me, in open doors I'm about to walk through. Doors that are big and heavy and I feel like I need help to open. What do you do when they are opened right before your eyes? You just trust and walk through them.

So here we go.. and the SUN is shinning my friends.

 "This I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him. Lam. 3:19-24 (NIV)
     "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." Isa. 26:3 (ESV)
     "We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing." Psalm 39:6 (NLT)
     "Dear heavenly Father, I woke up today with all kinds of random thoughts competing for my attention and energy. My “to do list” has more demands than there are hours in this day. That’s what makes these Scriptures so precious and timely. Even before the sun comes up, I want to remember what really matters, and Who matters the most. Well before I grab a bite of breakfast, I choose to feast on your new and daily mercies.
     Father, thank you for your steadfast, irrepressible, and life-liberating love. Today isn’t about getting everything done, but knowing you, walking with you, and enjoying you. I won’t add a day or hour to my life by stress and worry. Far better do to a few things well today, as a man of peace and kindness, than to rush through my list, treating people like projects and problems, or objects and obstacles. Help me to remember, all day long, that the only thing that counts is “faith expressing itself in love” (Gal. 5:6).
     Father, you are my “portion”—that is, my joy, peace, and inheritance; so I will hope in you today, not in people’s approval, a demand free life, or pride of accomplishment. I have a decent plan for the day, but I trust you to order my steps (Prov. 16:9). So very Amen I pray, in Jesus’ peace giving, heart-centering name." -Scotty Smith






Comments

Popular Posts