Instagram

The Dawn of a new day




Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143

It is such a fascinating phenomenon that the sun rises on a beautiful sunny day and we have no idea what the day ahead can look like. In my own life and in others more than I can count on the fingers of my hand, this week ahead holds these days. Tomorrow I wake up like any other day, and just go check and make sure I don't have cancer. No big deal. I can't wrap my head around that craziness. I know that I am not the only one. Will this day be like any other? Or will this day be the day where God changes my direction and path in wild ways I could have never imagined. And If I knew the outcome of everyday, would I trust him him more in the morning?
Maybe it's not just a day, maybe it's a whole long week of waiting and trying to trust.
Or maybe you are starting a new day after yesterday's life altering news.
Where do we turn?

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6

It's the dawn of a new day
You've painted for me
Colors exploding
Telling our story
I'm waking up
I can feel the rising of the sun
Mercy sings me the promise of Your love
And I'm reminded how far we've come
You're the One that my heart is beating for
Stephanie Gretzinger

From my own personal experience I can attest that when we wake up and give the day to Him, there is more peace at the end of the hard day. Trusting Him instead of myself, knowing that He loves me no matter the circumstances that I will carry to my pillow at night. None of that matters to him in how much he cares for me. None of that changes the path he always had for me. None of that changes his Glory and His purpose. None of my disappointments or fears determine how much he is holding me, he already was before I knew of those happenings. I may be surprised, He never was. This is just a regular day for me, what does that even mean? Kids are with their grandparents, I'm getting new tires on the car so we can drive across the the country to see family and celebrate good news at the end of the week. I know my plans for today are not always His. 

“Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.”  ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Friends you don't know what your day holds. None of us do. One thing I do know is that He is walking right next to you, carrying you, meeting you, just see him there. He led his people through the wilderness and he will do it for us. 



I'm cheering for you today those of you who are walking into tests, surgeries, scans, appointments, conversations, meetings, running into that stranger in the store, disciplining your kids, asking hard questions, YOU can do this day. He is with you doing this day, let him carry some of your burdens. I know what your heart feels. 








"We know everything you purpose is good because everything you purpose has Jesus in view. All of history is being summed up in your Son (Eph. 1:10). Everything you do, Father, you do with the Day in view when every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to your glory (Phil 2:10-11). So until that Day, we will seek to make our plans in keeping with your Word and the gospel of grace; trusting you to be the God who opens doors we cannot shut, and the One who shuts doors we cannot open (Rev. 3:7-8). Oh, the blessed peace and confidence this brings. So very Amen we pray, in Jesus’ merciful and majestic name."https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/scottysmith/2011/10/14/a-prayer-for-trusting-god-with-your-heart-and-future/
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father...that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,  may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3





Comments

Popular Posts