Instagram

Thankful for True Freedom


At the end of this day our freedom will not be defined by the leader chosen. The HOPE of our redemption and freedom was written and promised for us long before this November 8th.  So as I sit here today and wait and watch to see the unfolding of the leadership of our country I am reminded that:
"God is in charge of who is in charge" -Trent Thompson 

And at the end of any day, no matter the excitement or disappointment, my freedom is secure in the one who loved and saved me. That is unchanging. That cannot be voted on or overturned. This freedom is already there, can't be taken away or earned, and it won't ever rest in the hands of any earthy circumstance. Praying this freedom is far reached and understood among every person, everywhere.

2 years ago on this voting day I started my year long treatment for stage 3 melanoma at UPENN. On the way home I started to feel the effects of the drug. We were told a specific protocol for how to manage the flu-like symptoms that would come on strong. BUT FIRST, we had to VOTE! (see my reaction below) My all american husband drove me to the polling place and we got right in there and did our american duty. So no excuses friends. Go out and do your duty. Freedom has a cost but its been paid. Goodness this one isn't easy, I was the first one that said, "I can't even vote this time" Until I was reminded myself of this one time I did... Yay for 2 years out of starting that mess of killer drugs. I won't ever not be thankful for this time of year. The privilege to vote and the freedom we have.




You came to set the captives free
You came to bring us liberty
My sin and my rejection
Your blood and my acceptance
Now I'm alive to bring You praise

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom
Every chain is broken through You, Jesus
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom

Your blood has covered every sin
Your grace empowers me to win
My pain and my oppression met
Your blood and my acceptance
Now I'm alive to bring You praise
"FREEDOM"
Bethel Music


Galatians 5:1  “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.”
2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”

Galatians 5:13 “For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”

1 Peter 2:16-17 “Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.  Honor everyone.  Love the brotherhood.  Fear God.  Honor the emperor.”


Psalm 118:5 “Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.”





Hebrews 9:15 "For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-- now that He has died as a ransom to set them free."

John 8:36 "If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." 


Comments

Popular Posts