Instagram

With every breath I will praise you...

No EVIDENCE OF METASTATIC MELANOMA! 
Hip Hip Hooray

"the LORD longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you." Isaiah 30:18

And again this story goes on... I don't know why me... but God is so so good and gracious to love me as much as he does. These days are so surreal. I know it's my new normal but you just can't prepare for a day you wake up and have a 50/50 chance of your whole life changing before your eyes. We headed to PENN this morning early, a few tears, holding tight to anxiety, chugging barium, and hungry. 


Friends I would never have the strength to get through these days without your encouraging words and mostly your prayers. Do you know how much you each mean? I treasure YOU.  

By noon today 10... TEN of you had sent the exact same verse of encoragement to me. It was amazing. About 2 an hour. You know who you are. He inspired those texts and messages to us today. This has never happened before. I felt more at peace than I ever have... 

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

I tried to make sense of why this was my theme for today, I realized it was the peace. I felt so much at peace.

 Even the weeks leading up to today. I felt carried. My parents were able to be here. You prayed for us when Ella got the flu and 24 hours later she was back to better than normal. Even though there was an expensive trip to the pharmacy for us all to take tamiflu we are all still healthy. I am convineced that God healed my little Ella when people prayed boldly for that, and that the whole reason for the tamiflu and her sick in the first place was because of what would happen at the pharmacy. God needed Kev to be there that night. He's always working friends... always. Look for it. 

Today my doc came out to the waiting room to get us and my heart skipped a beat, or 10. She said she was helping everyone to be punctual but I told her she can't do that to me anymore. She told us everything looked great. She told me to keep up with my leg therepy for my lymphedema, she is scheduling a surgery with her people at PENN to have the mole removed from my Face. My labs look ok... nothing big. I mean I don't have cancer who cares if I am low in Vit D, we can fix that. She hugged me, she told me I was doing great, she reminded me of the importance and weight of the scans and taking care of myself. She scheduled scans for 6 months and we skipped out the door. 

Kev prayed in thanks and I cried like a baby.
We sang our leaving UPENN cancer center theme song

"Your love is devoted like a ring of solid gold
Like a vow that is tested like a covenant of old
Your love is enduring through the winter rain
And beyond the horizon with mercy for today 
Faithful You have been and faithful you will be
You pledge yourself to me and it's why I sing
Your praise will ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips"
Bethel Music

Tomo we head away for a few days of much needed rest and relaxation. A reschedule of our 10 year anniversary trip that was thwarted two falls ago when this mess started. 

I have so much to be thankful for... and I don't just say that for the good news, I give thanks for the whole story. It's shaping me. It's making me stronger in my weakness more everyday. 


Comments

Popular Posts