Instagram

It's busy around here...

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 40:1-3

It's been a little while since we have sent any update. It's true what they say, "no news is good news." I am still asked every time I go out, how we are doing, and that answer can always go a million ways. So I try to express God's goodness to us, how we are always growing and learning, but that we can't complain. My health is great, Like really it's great. I feel well and after some tweaking a few things and getting some emotional support where I needed it, I am trekking along!

We are into the full swing of things for the new school year. The calendar is crowded, days are filled, we are tired. The kids are all in school, the little guy just three mornings a week. It has given me some time to breathe. We are thankful in this season for where we are. I would be lying if I told you I still don't wake up every morning and thank God I am here. Some things just won't ever go away.

Kev started a new job, another story of answered prayers and God taking care of us. We have had ups and downs through many things but every time we look back we see God faithfully carrying us.

I am busy with Radiant Hope, catching up with friends, a class I'm taking at church, feeding my family, packing school lunches, watching kids sporting events, and celebrating life. Most days I'm not sure where it all will fit in. When my head hits the pillow I am so ready for rest. These are the days we prayed for and we are living God's grace daily.

Over the past couple weeks I have been physically training for a bike ride I did and a spartan race we did for H's birthday. For those who knew me in my younger years physical activity has been huge part of who I am. So to be able to be back sweating it out is another way I see God's love for me. We all have moments in our life that don't go the way we want them to. I've had much taken away from me, only to have so much gained. In the learning process we have gone through I have taken a new mindset in training.

I have learned the whole point of training is not so get to a point where we have finished, but instead to learn to endure. It is not about what I have overcome but it is about training for what is to come. What I have gone through has allowed me to learn perseverance not accomplishment.

It's constant training.
constant learning
constant trusting
constant persevering
constant testing



"... Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Looking to Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
"For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."
..."lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees and make straight the paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but would rather be healed..."Hebrews 12



God is still very much on the move in our lives. Daily. Just because I haven't shared the stories they are there. I have much to update everyone on. There are seven or 8 posts written and just not updated. I'm so much more hesitant sharing now that my life isn't in the limelight. I like it like this.  Seems we are back where we can pick and choose what goes out there. I'm reminded that vulnerability is where we meet each other. It's where God works in our hearts and where we are changed. I have let so many enter into our lives, the good, the bad, the ugly. I don't want to stop now. I have said it over a hundred times. We are a work in progress. "He who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it..."





 




Comments

Popular Posts