Instagram

The background story






This is where I will begin with the information for what we will start to post on this page. We wanted to have a way to communicate to all of our family, friends, and prayer warriors in you. These are the emails that have gone out so far. Starting with the email 1 being my diagnosis and initial plans. As things change we will briefly update people as much as we can. Right now we are facing a long road ahead and we cannot express how much your prayer and support mean to us.



Email 1:

For those who have not heard yet, last Thursday. Joanna was diagnosed with malignant melanoma on her thigh.  Today we met with the Oncologist team at Hershey Med Ctr to go over our treatment plan. Joanna will have surgery next Friday August 22nd at 7:30am to remove the tumor and do a sentinel node biopsy.  We feel very comfortable with our surgeon and oncology team and are taking this one step at a time. 

Please pray that her surgery will be successful to remove all cancer cells and that it has not spread to the lymphatic system.   Pray for our family over the next couple weeks for peace and clarity. We know God is good and perfect and we trust that He has a reason and He is in control. It is a humbling experience to walk into the Cancer center when the appointment is for you. There is a lot that gets put into a whole new perspective very quick. We love all of you and treasure your prayers.

To quote Dr. Kent Brantly (fighting for his life with Ebola); "Most importantly, pray that we would be faithful to God's call on our lives in these new circumstances." 

In Love,

Kevin and Joanna Dennstaedt


2 Corinthians 12:9-10
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



Email 2:

Thank you for all the prayers. Joanna is home and doing well.  The surgery went as well as expected.  Our doctor believes that all the melanoma tumor was removed.  She also was able to remove the sentinel lymph node, which was sent to pathology and we will wait 1-2 weeks for results.

We can't thank everyone enough for your prayers. We feel overwhelmed with love and support.  We know God is good and He has protected Joanna through this.  Please continue to pray for a speedy recovery and negative biopsy results.  

Forever Grateful,

Kevin and Joanna Dennstaedt

Here is what I will call my "perspective scars"



Email 3:

Family and Friends,

We received pathology results this afternoon which showed that the cancer has spread to the lymph.  We are expecting more tests and most likely additional surgery.  Please keep Joanna in your prayers.  We trust God,  and we are holding on as he leads us through this.  

In His Care,

Kevin and Joanna

Comments

  1. I am glad to hear she overcame sickness.

    Please how could I contact Johanna Dennstaedt?
    We are from Spain. My sister has stage IV melanoma and I would appreciate if she could tell us what she did to overcome sickness.

    My email is healthyagain777@gmail.com

    Thank you so much.

    God bless.


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts