Instagram

Whats next




Since getting the results from the pathology we know a few more things.

What we do know:

The original margins from the original mole melanoma are all clear. That is good.
The original tumor was much larger than anticipated. About twice the size.
The sentinel lymph biopsy was positive for cancer. Small, but there.
I need more tests ASAP. MRI and PET.
The road ahead is going to be long and hard

What we don't know:

If the cancer has spread to any other lymph nodes or anywhere else
What we need for help besides prayer.
What the next steps are following the outcome of the scans.



Today I had a brain MRI. It was not a fun experience. I have started to learn since my first visit walking into the oncology center at Hershey that none of these experiences I will like.  Anyway, I will go through these next things, one day at a time, with Gods strength getting me through. I am not going to shy away from sharing as much as I can with you. I am going to try to show pictures, thoughts, and stories from my journey. God showed up from day one of this cancer story and I will share that with you soon. Today I dressed in the gown and got my IV and just cried. I am still trying to really see myself as this person, I'm not there yet. I prayed and shed tears through most the test, had to come out once because I felt overwhelmed and confined. Once I was done, I got my patient husband from the waiting room with tears, and hobbled out as quick as I could. Little did I know what God had for me right there in that room. I received this Text from Coach Greer at Messiah where I used to coach...

Jo...this text From one of my players...

Coach, I'm at the doctors getting blood work today and I barely made it in time before the close of the clinic but there was a reason Brooke was able to bring me today because we just saw coach Jo and her husband. We didn't have time to speak to them but he was reading the Bible and we just prayed over Jo and her family while we sat there. They didn't know we were there but what an opportunity to be able to pray over them.'

I wasn't even supposed to go to the clinic today so God literally sent us as prayer warriors on her behalf and she didn't even know we were there

Seriously... I cannot lie to say that I do not today or yet any single day yet since Aug 7th (confirmation of diagnosis day) feel Gods presence right here with me. "Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age: Matthew 28.20


I am taking this all one day at a time. Trying to focus on what is ahead just the next day and no further. I am going to update this blog as much as I can and so will my husband, friends and family. I will say THANK YOU for all your support, prayers, texts, cards, flowers, emails, drop bys, food, and I could go on. This is what is getting me through the day to day right now. It truly is. Its a humble place to be on the side of needing the help and prayers...but here I am. 


xoxo

Jo



Comments

Popular Posts