Instagram

National Sibling Day

I don't know if today is national sibling day or what, I'm not even sure what day it is. What I do know is that my parents are arriving in a few hours and so happily, nothing else really matters. I will take this day though, because it could possibly be national sibling day, to shout out to the best brothers and sisters a girl could ask for.
(Missing two sibs to the left
                                                                                                          and baby les below)

I grew up the second oldest of 6 kiddos. My older bro was just 12 months older. I have 2 brothers, and three beautiful younger sisters. We seriously had some of the best times ever as kids. I could write a whole blog about the growing ups of the Wilkinson clan. Good times. I don't know how other families grew up, what and how the dynamics made you who you are. I know that I was raised along side some of the smartest, kindest, biggest heart people on this planet. 

Now that we are all grown, so has our friendship. We are all scattered across the states. I also have an amazing sister and brother in law that I don't even like to define as inlaw, they are truly my siblings too. We aren't the best at keeping in touch but it doesn't change how we feel about one another. One thing though, that will never go away, is the love we all have for each other. When we are all together its like we haven't missed a beat, the fun times go on. We eat good food from dads smoker, we taste good beer, we laugh, we watch cardinal baseball, we go on crazy bike extravaganzas, we love, and I would do it all way more often than we are able if I could.  I know and have felt over the past few months, the love and support from my sisters and brothers. I know that if I needed any of them, they would be here by my side. There has been moments already that they have come into my hard, loved and served my family and I in ways that leave me speechless.

After I got the news from the doctors that I was facing surgery and a cancer diagnosis I called each of my siblings. It was a lot of phone calls to make, and it was painful. There were a lot of tears, questions, and fear. I will never forget calling my older brother. I was standing out on the driveway, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. I was in shock still, and he was too. He said, "Jo, God is SO big and we are SO small." I will never forget his words. I was speechless and simply agreed that he was so right. I didn't fight back at that fact, I didn't want to disagree and prove that I was a big deal too. Instead I felt Gods presence like a huge "SO big" hug, and I also knew that my big brother was going to be right here along side of me too. He has always encouraged me, always fought for me,   always loved me even when I was making so many mistakes. He has always showed and modeled to me more Grace than I ever deserved. 




To my 7 sibs, (Justing, Tara, Evie, Charley, Kevin, Jack, and Lesley) you all are the BEST. You have always been and will always be a gift to me. I am blessed to do this life with you. Know I love each of you as perfectly as I know how. I always and forever want to let my God be as big as he is, and never allow myself to be bigger than he created me to be. I have messed up, I have said hurtful things, and we have quarreled and fought, but know that you are all an extension of me. What is more important to me than anything in this life is my family. I pray that even when this life on earth ends we will share many days of perfection together. This life, this world, it all has nothing to do with me and my story, but everything to do with Him and his purpose. 

 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,

    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:3-4

For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God.. Deuteronomy 10:17

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 
Romans 1:20


From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom
"Indescribable"

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9




























Comments

  1. Jo (and Wilkinson "clan") -
    Thank you for your honest words, for trying to explain the VALUE of the important family that God placed you into. The pictures further showcase the bonds that are between you..... Meanwhile, you're raising a 4-some of your own + being Aunt to some precious little boys --- who are being witnesses to your faith, your emotionally-rich family, and your focus - Him & His glory.
    Continuing to lift you (and yours) to the Perfect One -
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts