Instagram

10 years today and he beats me with the best blog post written yet...But here's my tribute to the one I love.



This guy.
He is my world.
My best.
My love....

I would have never imagined in my whole life that 10 years into marriage we would be here  where we are now. Most of us that are married said some version of this :

I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part. 

And you prob like me just said it. So in love, not thinking about what it might mean, or where these promises might take you. Or how you might actually come to a crossroad where they matter and you have to uphold them.  Either way I've been thinking so much about how crazy it is that we are here right now, and in the middle of "in sickness" I thought we would cross this bridge in our 90's holding hands as life faded. It's just another way in which I've started to see things in the moment and less of in the future. For when we look too far ahead aren't we doing that through our own eyes and how we imagine it? I need to go forward blinded by my worldview and ready to take on Gods plans, we all have a plan for his purpose. 

Kev and I met at Messiah. We dated on and off until we realized me needed to stop being silly and make each other promises we knew we were meant to be. I knew he was mine ever since day 1 and I was right. We decided not to get engaged while at Messish but ended up engaged quickly after graduation. We also just wanted to be together so decided on a holiday wedding for everyone to be together. We were married 6 months after our engagement, over Thanksgiving weekend, in beautiful Annapolis, MD. Here I sit today 10 years after a Thanksgiving I'll never forget, living through another thanksgiving I'll never forget. I often tell Kev I'm so lucky to have him, how did I get so lucky, I am so underserved. Talk about Gods grace... It's wrapped up in my handsome, loving husband everyday of my life. Kev is my biggest supporter, encourager, and always doing his everything to keep me whole and loved. We've had hard times for sure, but nothing like the challenges some people have through marriage. I'm blessed. Kev is a gift to me one that I never deserved. 

Be thankful for your underserving gifts today . I'll prob not get to a Thanksgivng post tomorrow because I plan on being with my friends and family to no end. This Thanksgiving is a bitter sweet one. I've always sat around the table and not even been able to think of anything I wouldn't be thankful for. It's so hard to be thankful for everything this year when there is so much that is so hard. I've written about where God has me right now, and although this season is a hard one, I'll choose to be thankful. I have more right in front of me than I could have foreseen and how could I not see such blessing in that. I once read somehing about being thankful as a choice. We can choose to be one way when everything makes sense to be another way. It's a discipline thing to do, but having a grateful attitude has helped me get through some really hard days. Im thankful also for so many of you, the ways you have been a part of who I am and helped shape my life. Im thankful for your needed prayers and support that is getting me through this hard. I'm so covered. Choosing to be thankful as you walk through the seconds of your day has been something I never thought I would fight to do. I know there are so many people out there this Thanksgiving that are beyond blessed still fighting to be thankful for everything. God gives us that void, I believe, to keep us always seeking to fill it with him. Even in days of greatest blessing and thankfulness we must still look to him and keep our sight set on his plan. On all the good days and the hard, I am still blessed. 

Most of all, on this 26th day of November 2014, I'm thankful for my amazing husband, Kevin. You, babes, are my best friend, my rock, and I am forever grateful for all the ways you complete me. In these last few months you have taken care of me like never before and have shown me a true selfless Jesus love. You are the best Daddy to your four babies that anyone could imagine. They absolutely adore you as much as I do. We are blessed to have you and call you ours.

Happy Thanksgiving All, Choose Joy. 



This was a great article that spoke to me in our struggles of finding our soul mate in sickness and in health. 













Comments

Popular Posts