Instagram

In sickness and in health



So life of a cancer patient's husband.  Many people come up to me and say "I don't know how you do it", "what a tough job you have", "it must be hard to work and manage your home life".....well honestly and maybe simply I say, What else would I do!  God has given us this path and we trust in his good and perfect will. I married this amazing woman, and cancer doesn't change that fact!  We have grown closer to God and closer to each other through this.  Although it's not how I would have pictured it to happen, that has been the result.



Its been 10 years today, since I married the woman God intended me to marry.  Joanna and I have an amazing life filled with all sorts of God's blessings.  We have been blessed with 4 healthy children, supportive and loving families, and amazing friends.   We never thought we would be in this situation.  We never thought this could be us.  However God doesn't make mistakes and he has a perfect plan that far exceeds anything we can imagine.  I don't know what I would do without Joanna by my side. (and vice versa)   That whole, "two become one flesh" is so true with us.  We are better with each other; God has drawn us together by his Grace.  Over these past couple weeks, life has been hard.  Joanna has been sick from her treatment, we have struggled to keep her in the day-to-day activities and keep her engaged with the kids.  We don't know if it will get easier, but we will keep on moving forward. I’m encouraged by how Joanna’s story continues to bless and encourage others in their personal situations. 

Psalm 145 has meant a lot to me over the past 3-4 months.  David speaks of God's goodness, which is something we need contestant reminders.  These verses remind us that God is good and we can trust in his unfailing love.  That is all we need each day.
“The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does.” (Psalm 145:9, 13, 17)


Joanna,  I'm so happy that we got married 10 years ago!  You are truly a gift from God and I pray that I don't ever lose sight of that.  Thank you for putting up for me for 10 years, but more importantly, I thank God for bringing us together and closer to him. I am so thankful for your persistence and strength. You show me each day what it means to live in God’s grace.  I love you and always will!



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Kevin. I've been praying so much for BOTH of you this week. Speaking of His attributes, like David in the Psalms, keeps your focus and heart in the right place. As hard as it is to comprehend - all of life is about HIM. He just chooses to show Himself in different ways through all circumstances. I have appreciated you and Jo sharing who HE IS through your lives. Happy Thanksgiving to the Dennstaedt family of 6!! Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin - Amen to all that you said brother. I will be praying for you, Joanna, and your kids in this cancer struggle. Because God is faithful, we can trust Him in our circumstances. If there is any encouragement I can give - tell your heavenly Father in faith and prayer all your needs, and He will supply your wants so far as it shall be for your good and His glory. He is your true joy no matter what, good and bad. I've experienced this truth more than ever in the last couple of years in missions and now all of my life. I hope to see you in the future sometime.

    In Christ,
    Stu
    http://stuoberg.myadventures.org/?category=All_Articles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts