Instagram

"expect to see miracles...and you will."




For we walk by faith not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7-9

Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?” John 11:40


My plan for your life is unfolding before you. Sometimes the road you are traveling seems blocked, or it opens up so painfully slowly that you must hold yourself back. Then, when the time is right, the way before you suddenly clears-through no effort of your won. What you have longed for and worked for I present to you freely, as pure gift. You feel awed by the ease with which I operate in the world, and you glimpse My power and My glory.
"Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My Power and Glory perform most brilliantly. As you persevere along the path I have prepared for you, depending on My strength to sustain you, expect to see miracles—and you will. Miracles are not always visible to the naked eye, but those who live by faith can see them clearly. Living by faith, rather than sight, enables you to see My Glory." - Jesus Calling

This little devotional book and a few others have been the encouragement that get me up in the morning, the encouragement that guides my thoughts and prayers. It was a gift to me, and has been a way for me to hear jesus speak through my pain to me. This weekend was full of so many blessings and things that I just never thought I would make it to this year. We were blessed by complete strangers through a good college friend (more about that later), I was able to make it to Kevin's work Christmas party, the annual nutcracker with my two best friends and all our girls, and made it to my bible study girls christmas get together. I'm feeling blessed tonight and thankful and super tired :), way more than that too, but I don't even know the words to describe.

In so many ways I feel unprepared heading into this and and yet I have such peace about it. I have not done anything, haven't had to, because we have been so blessed with help and good people. I hate why this year is different, but I hear God speak into my heart daily that this is all ok, its the way he wants it, and he will provide. And you know what, to no surprise he hasn't missed a beat. We are here, I am feeling well, and day after day, our needs are somehow met and we move through. Then when I realize this year is different I realize more and more this is the way it should be. A season full of finding true joy, his peace, and focusing on so much less nonsense and so much more of the real reason we are here and doing this whole thing at all. Take a minute in this crazy week to thank him for providing, and sit back and expect to see his miracles, because they are right here all around us.










Comments

Popular Posts