Instagram

Ready to battle





Here we go again. Am I ready? No. Who wants to be ready for this? The time this past week was so sweet, just like I imagined it, full of love, cuddles, and unforgettable family memories made. I needed this week so bad and God knew and blessed me with this gift. After church yesterday I have built enough courage up to start again I was renewed in my spirit and my mind. I was feeling that the better I felt the harder it's going to be again, but now I'm feeling that I have no choice. This is my path chosen for me, not ever promised to be easy or fun, but promised that in the end Christ wins me over no matter what and that my friends, is comfort to this anxious soul. 


Romans 16:20
The GOD of PEACE will soon crush Satan under your feet. The GRACE of our LORD JESUS CHRIST be with YOU. 



I met a beautiful warrior this morning also, a breast cancer survivor and beautiful woman, about to start Chemo. She was an encouragemt to me in a way that she does not know it was another light showing me that I am not alone and that I can do this thing. We are in this together me and you too! I need my support group, my prayer warriors, and my family. 

I am feeling encouraged today as I face tomorrow. I am in no way stepping out into any expectations because again I'm at a crossroad of walking by faith and not by sight as I live for the moment in front of me. I know that Gods plan for me tomorrow is to go to UPenn and we will see what happens from there on. I have many more questions, I will get blood work to see the status of my counts, and we will decide if I can take the injection. I want to say I'm not ready for this, but the fighter in me also wants to kick cancers butt and take this stinkin drug for as long as I can. I'm stepping back into the battle field it feels like in many different ways. I'm going to need some encouragemt again as I face the weeks ahead. I'm trying not to compare my life to others because truly I know I'm blessed. There is no comparison and my life right now is just plain different than yours and different than I thought. This is usually my favorite time of the whole year celebrating traditions of family, fun, snow, and most importantly our saviors birth, this year I'm partly wishing away the days as I wonder why this struggle is now. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful, for so much, but I'd be lying if I said these weeks ahead will be easy for me. Pray for me and my family as we navigate this holiday season. 

God, help me to live for today that you have blessed me with and to be thankful for this Christmas. Thank you for having me here in this moment and present with my family.

 Friends, don't get caught up on all the "extras" this year, try to focus on all of life's blessing and the purpose for this Christmas celebration time of year. If this was your last Christmas how would you spend it? In this advent season what are you anticipating? 


May the Lord "wherever you go . . . let you escape with your life" and help you today to be victorious in your difficulties. from Days of Heaven upon Earth
We often pray to be delivered from afflictions, and even trust God that we will be. But we do not pray for Him to make us what we should be while in the midst of the afflictions. Nor do we pray that we would be able to live within them, for however long they may last, in the complete awareness that we are held and sheltered by the Lord and can therefore continue within them without suffering any harm.
The Savior endured an especially difficult test in the wilderness while in the presence of Satan for forty days and nights, His human nature weakened by the need for food and rest. The three Hebrew young men were kept for a time in the flames of "the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual" (Dan 3:19). In spite of being forced to endure the tyrant's last method of torture, they remained calm and composed as they waited for their time of deliverance to come. And after surviving an entire night sitting among the lions,"when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God" (Dan 6:23).
They were able to endure in the presence of their enemies because they dwelt in the presence of their God.
Sent from the Streams in the Desert Devotional. For devotionals like this one for your iPhone, visit us at HomeURL

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing -- you are on my 'daily' prayer list, though I need no list or reminder. God, Himself, nudges me throughout the daily, inviting me to chat with Him about your needs. AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS! I'm praying that your body cooperates with your Spirit - a Spirit that wants to face the enemy like Daniel, for God's glory and the delight of your family. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you in prayer. You are on my nightly prayer list. One day at a time with Jesus by your side. I pray for peace to calm you and love to surround you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never met you, but your words encourage me. You are often i my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts