Instagram

Power of prayer


Heeeey friends! I've been meaning to write an update! This week has gone so fast! This pic above is how I've spent everyday. Cuddling with my little ones, and loving it. Thanks again to my mom and sister for taking such good care of us and allowing this precious time to be possible. I get to spend the energy I have on exactly what I need to be doing. Ps is it ok for my kids to watch hours of TV a day for the next few months, because thats probably going to happen around here. Not so many Christmas  crafts happening around here this year, but you know what, my kids are just as content as every before and we are learning about being thankful and slowing down to keep up with momma. Slowing down, I never thought anyone would have to slow down to keep up with me!

The power of prayer is such a real thing. Before I explain in more detail, I'm feeling so well it seems like it shouldn't even be possible. I feel covered, protected, like something has taken away the scary side effects for this injection. It's like I know people are praying, I feel it. I still recive notes and random emails that keep me moving, and bless me daily. One of my closest friends complied notes for me from so many of you and they are sitting here for me to open in days I need them. Keep praying because it's working and God is working in so many ways. The kids have had colds, Ella has croup. Pray for germs to leave this place and for me and my caregivers to stay healthy! Rose has a big  Christmas performance at church on Sunday and is more than looking forward to it, Pray for her to stay healthy. 

Prayer is the open admission that without Christ we can do nothing. And prayer is the turning away from ourselves to God in the confidence that He will provide the help we need. Prayer humbles us as needy, and exalts God as wealthy.
John Piper



Tuesday night after my injection I slept my new normal, I have been sleeping ok. Hard to fall asleep but there are things I'm doing to help that, it's just still a struggle. I woke up Wednesday expecting to feel bad but felt ok and that has continued. I'm tired, starting to feel the nausea creeping in, but doing so much better. Chemo brain has kicked in and I can't think well or process anything. I find it hard to write too. Sometimes though these are small gifts too. The depression meds are keeping the fog lifted yet allowing me to experience joy. I do believe that is God taking some of this pain away from me now so that I can get back on my feet and be there for some people who need me. Time will tell as we move on and take one day at a time. I get blood work again before I take my next shot to make sure it's safe and we will see how my body responds with another dose. So for now we go slowly from here and count this as good progress. I still can't look to far ahead because it's impossible and scary to me. Every dose I get is hard and helping so that's as far as we focus. 

Tonight the Messiah Men's Lax team held a fundraiser for our family. The girls team was all there helping to run it too. Friends came, kids played, I laughed, it was a good night. I just looked at Kev sitting here next to me and told him I love this life, he smirked. Ok I love tonight and right now and I feel blessed. Thanks for everyone who put in lots of minutes to bless my family tonight. Little blessings along this journey are gifts to me.






Comments

  1. So happy to hear this report! You don't know me, but I have been joining with the hundreds of others who are praying for you. I too believe in the Lord's plans to prosper you and not harm you, and in His promise to take what the enemy has intended for evil and REDEEM it for your good and His glory! He is raising up an increasing army of intercessors on your behalf because He is crazy in love with you and is grieved by your suffering. Prayer truly is a powerful weapon and it's what's going to bring you through to victory!!!! And your precious children will be forever changed as they witness the powerful hand of God at work in your body. I am praying for protection over them too and that ONLY fruit will come out of this journey in their lives. That with each passing day, they will fall more and more in love with The One who strengthens, carries and HEALS! May the same power that raised Jesus from the dead, the power that dwells in YOU, Joanna, bring LIFE, RESTORATION and HEALING to your body in Jesus name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo and Kevin, you two are such an inspiration. I cannot imagine all you're going through and the depth of it all. Please know we are thinking and praying for ALL of you daily! I pray for a supernatural peace and joy during this Christmas time and always. Romans 15:13.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts