Instagram

Prayer Request



Here we are now on the other side of the surgeries. With two major surgeries down that HAD to happen first I feel a little over a huge hump.  Now that they are both behind me, as far as off the task list, I feel like I am ready to tackle the next appointments. These surgeries will never be behind me in a physical way...with much healing and life changes to overcome, they could be part of my life for a long time with nerve damage and swelling issues. BUT I am overjoyed and so so thankful that for now I sit at the best possible melanoma situation for my stage with all the pathology stating NED for now we can move on to the next steps.

Here is what this looks like starting tomorrow...



Tomorrow I go back to Hershey for appointments most of the day. I see my oncologist surgeon for my two week post op appointment. I am doing pretty well, feeling teeny strides better everyday I think. I have had swelling and some sensitivity over my incision. I still have very painful nerve damage along the outer part of my left leg and inner side from the first surgery. All normal things but she will check that and make sure everything looks good. After I see her I meet with the head melanoma oncologist at Penn State Hershey. I have not met him but know that a few others on my team have already discussed my case with him. He knows who I am, but I don't know who he is yet :) I have so so so many questions its crazy. I feel like I want to know so so much about what the treatment and care looks like for me for the rest of my life. Pray that my mind is clear and that there is wisdom spoke on his part and ours to direct which way the next steps go. Although I am glad we are at the "next" part of this, I am still anxious about everything that is open on the table right now. Melanoma is a scary beast like Ive said before, no one knows how to cure it, no one can promise there is anything I can do to guarantee its not going to visit again.

I am also going for a second opinion at the University of Penn Abramson Center at the end of the month to see their head of melanoma oncology. I am excited to meet her. I think I sorta have my mind set on her being my doctor, and that means for me not just doc, but the one who will have my life in their hands for many many years I pray. Please pray for wisdom with this appointment too. That we are able to collect what they say at Hershey and at Penn and really feel Gods hand in where he wants me to be. There are so many decisions to be made, so many scheduling of appointments, tests, scans, the upkeep of those, but also what and if I need to do the dreaded interferon treatments. I guess what cancer treatments are not dreaded? I've already had some pretty dreadful crap I've gone through.

So if you want something tangible to do for now pray for wisdom and clarity as we seek out the best professionals that will be able to help me through my Melanoma walk. Over the next 3 - 4 weeks my body needs to heal greatly and keep making strides toward that and we need to make some HUGE decisions about everything that comes immediately next. Like I've said before, its one day at a time. Its not looking for answers past today and simply Trusting God is walking before me and has this path already picked out for me to walk through next. I completely trust that, I have to.

My short devotion for tomorrow when I wake up to face the day will be this from "Jesus Calling" "In order to hear my Voice you must release all your worries into my care. Entrust me everything that concerns you. This clears the way for you to seek my face unhindered. Let me free you from this fear that is hiding deep inside you, Sit quietly in my presence, allowing my light to soar into you and drive out any darkness lodged within you. Accept each day as it comes to you, remembering that i am sovereign over your life. Rejoice in this is the day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank me in all circumstances. Trust me and dont be fearful; thank me and rest in my sovereignty"

Comments

  1. Sending you so much LOVE right now Joanna! I am standing right there with you. xoxox Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that these next 19 days (till you get another opinion) will be filled with daily joys, unspeakable celebratory moments, and peace as He fills each second with His presence! Love, Debbie Elliott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts